Through short, focused lectures that simplify each piece of the Scrum framework, the class will include lots of peer-to-peer discussions and small-group activities, that reinforce each topic and will help you maximize your understanding and retention of Scrum. You will learn from Carlton’s experience, the experiences of the other students, on what works and what does not work with Scrum. Most importantly, you will have a blast learning as there is absolutely NO PowerPoint in this class.
- List the five values of Scrum and the eight essential Scrum principles.
- Discuss each piece of the Scrum framework, it’s purpose and interaction with the other pieces of the framework.
- Describe the rights, responsibilities and interactions of each role in Scrum – Team member, Product Owner, ScrumMaster and stakeholder.
- Discuss with the other participants what Scrum means to you and what it will mean to be a ScrumMaster in your organization.
- Identify the main obstacles to using Scrum and the challenges for sustaining Scrum in your organization.
- Evaluate if Scrum is the right process for you, your team, your project and\or your organization.
- Practice applying ScrumMaster skills and thinking to solve day-to-day issues and challenges.
- Watch Scrum in action as the framework of Scrum will be used to deliver the course material.
- Draw a diagram describing the Scrum framework, highlighting all meetings, roles and artifacts
- Scrum Values & Principles
- Scrum Workflow
- Task Board & Burndown Charts
Day 1 – (Afternoon)
- Starting in Scrum
- Scrum Simulation Kick-Off
- Scrum Simulation Sprints 1 and 2
- Scrum Roles
Day 2 – (Morning)
- Daily Scrum
- Definition of Done
- Sprint Planning
- Scrum Simulation Sprints 3 and 4
Day 2 – (Afternoon)
- How to become a CSM
- Product Backlog
- Sprint Review
WHAT IS THE TARGET AUDIENCE
- Any person who is interested in learning more about Scrum or wants to make Scrum work better for their Team or organization, is encouraged to attend. While the focus of the class is for people who want to learn how to leverage the Scrum framework to bring about change, any member of Team or the organization who is interested in how to use Scrum would find this class useful.
- Typical attendees in the past have been functional managers, Team leads, analysts, architects, engineers, software developers, directors, testers and other roles that support product development.
WHAT DOES THE TRAINING INCLUDE
- student workbook that capture the essential points you need to learn and comprehend to pass the Certified ScrumMaster assessment.
- A signed copy of Carlton’s book, Fourteen Observations of Good Scrum Practice, to use as a study guide to prepare for the assessment.
- Documented Scrum case studies explaining how Scrum was used to create successful outcomes and improved teams.
- A 45 minute, personalized question-and-answer session with a Scrum expert at the conclusion of the first day
- Two-year membership with the Scrum Alliance
- 16 PDU´s for PMP participants (Category B).
- Scopphu Participation Certificate
Price PVP: 1.100€ +IVA*
Early Bird: 975€ +IVA*
*Oferta de IVA a particulares
- Desde 3 pessoas – 10%
- Desde 5 pessoas – 15%