I currently work as an Agile Coach and Trainer worldwide, based in São Paulo. I write articles, e-books, and speak in conferences when my avilability allows. I have been working with Agile since late 2004 and in addition to speaking at Agile/ Scrum, Lean Six Sigma and PMI conferences, I am the founder of several Scrum user groups on FB as well as discussion lists.
In the last 20+ years have worked and gathered experience in companies like Yamaha Motor Company, Itautec-Philco SA, DaimlerChrysler AG, Fraunhofer Institut, FPF (Fundação Paulo Feitoza), among others. I have hands on experience working for 3 years as a ScrumMaster and Product Owner for FPF and Siemens-Mobile where I also coached teams to implement and improve Scrum in constructing products.
During 2+ years I worked as Information Manager for the local government at an Institute of Urban Planning where I applied Scrum outside of software (back in 2009), in architectural and building projects. Since 2011 I have coached from small to Fortune 100 enterprises in Brazil, Europe and USA and so far have trained over 5,000 professionals.
I am also a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu purple belt, so don’t mess with me 🙂
Certified Scrum Trainer with hands-on experience:
- ScrumMaster, Product Owner and Team Member roles (2+ years in each);
- 21+ years experience in the IT industry as project manager, software developer and executive consultant.
- Experience in Change Management.
- Agile Project Management with geographicaly decentralized teams.
- Using Scrum with pre-defined processes, based on RUP and CMMI.
- Scrum together with PMBOK best practices.
- Extreme Manufacturing concepts and training.